D'Youville All-Sports Camp
Proudly Sponsored by the Ralph C. Wilson Legacy Funds
About the Camp
Free of Charge to City of Buffalo Residents
The D’Youville All Sports Camp proudly sponsored by The Ralph C. Wilson Legacy Funds provides an enriching four day summer camp experience that combines sports activities, educational enrichment, nutrition and health services 100 economically disadvantaged West Side youth age 9 to 15 years old.
The camp provides a positive learning environment for youth in the critical preteen and early adolescence years, when learning patterns are defined. The program's objectives include:
- Expanding sports-skill opportunities for youth from low-income families to improve physical fitness and promote an active lifestyle.
- Helping youth acquire good health practices.
- Acquainting students with career and educational opportunities by providing experienced personnel and quality facilities from a renowned institution.
- Providing a safe environment to play, learn and grow.
The D’Youville All Sports Camp is much more than just a summer sports camp; it is a total experience that combines fitness, fun and learning. During the four days of camp, youth participate in sports programs to improve their physical fitness and health habits. Participants also gain information about career choices and learn a great deal about academics on the College campus.
For more information, please contact Jim Hesch, Camp Director at: email@example.com
- This summer, our youth camp will be held August 5 to August 8, 2019. 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Participants can be dropped off as early as 7:30 a.m. and aftercare is available.
- Meet the Staff
Types of Activies
- Flag Football
- Dance Aerobics
- Backyard games (whiffle ball, Frisbee, etc.)
- Nutrition and Personal Health
- Career Opportunities / Job Responsibilities
About the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Legacy Funds
(Courtesy of the Community Foundation for Great Buffalo website)
Partnering for Greater Impact
The Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Foundation established endowment funds at the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo to provide annual support for programs and initiatives that reflect the personal passions of Mr. Wilson. These areas of support are: Caregivers, Community Assets, Design and Access and Youth Sports.
The grants made from these Legacy Funds held at the Community Foundation are distinct from the grants made by the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Foundation directly. In most cases, the grants made from these Funds at the Community Foundation serve to support localized projects across the WNY region, for which a smaller grant can make all the difference. In some cases, it may also provide an opportunity to test out ideas and programs on a smaller, pilot level.
About the Foundation
Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. believed effective change should make an impact from the start, yet carry long into the future. To do both, he earmarked a portion of his estate and the eventual sale of his beloved Buffalo Bills to fund his namesake foundation. The Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Foundation began operations in 2015 to continue his legacy – one of generosity and innovation, healthy risk taking and collaboration and an unshakeable community focus.
And today, his hand-picked Life Trustees have determined to focus the efforts of the foundation on Mr. Wilson’s home and adopted home regions of Southeast Michigan and Western New York.