The D’Youville College athletics department has one full-time certified athletic trainer who is responsible for the medical coverage of approximately 200 student-athletes and 14 varsity collegiate athletic teams. D’Youville College works with a team physician from UB Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine, Dr. Scott Darling.
The mission of the sports medicine staff at D’Youville is to provide student-athletes with high quality healthcare, while returning them to competition as quickly as possible without jeopardizing their overall well-being. This is achieved by educating student-athletes about their injury, the necessary recovery processes and rehabilitation programs associated with each injury. Along with providing student-athletes with quality healthcare resources that will not only help them achieve their goals post injury but will also help to prevent injury from occurring in the future.
D’Youville has two athletic training facilities on campus. The main athletic training facility is located on the lower level of the College Center room 24. This athletic training facility is equipped with:
- Treatment tables
- Taping tables
- Modalities such as heat, ice, ultrasound, and muscle stimulation
- A Cryotherapy area with a whirlpool unit
- A rehabilitation area equipped with: A treadmill, stationary bike, total gym exercising unit, a crossover symmetry wall mount Thera band unit, medicine balls, kettle bells, form rollers, and hand weights
- Emergency equipment; crutches, AED, splints and air casts
- A private Physician’s office
The second athletic training facility is located in the athletics building at Dobson field. This athletic training facility is equipped with:
- Modalities such as ice, and heat
- A treatment table for taping and stretching
- Emergency equipment; crutches, AED, splints, and air casts
An athletic trainer will be present at every home contest, for visiting teams please provide pre and post-game treatment needs to D’Youville’s head athletic trainer in a timely fashion before your teams arrive on campus.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Phone: (716) 829-8309